Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Random Ramblings on a Saturday

1.    Joshua somehow or another got us hooked, and I mean HOOKED on this show Storage Wars – Texas.   You MUST see this show.  http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars-texas/about/  It has caused us to stay up until midnight glued to the tv.  ON A WORK NIGHT!  I will get up to go to bed and Josh says, "Let's just watch one more!"  And we do.  Over and over again.  It's good.  It's hilarious!  And now Josh wants to plan a trip to go out to meet two of the guys.  Watch it!

2.     My Luke brought this picture home from school.   



It made me smile big.  Yes, those are huge army tanks.  Yes, that army man is holding a gun.  Yes, he is proud to be an American!

3.     Once a week we have pizza at the house.  We have stopped ordering out and make our own.  Sometimes I make the crust from scratch and sometimes I use store bought.  I have found this great wheat one at Target.  Love it!



It’s a big night.  First of all, it’s pizza.  And secondly, we usually eat on the couch, which is HUGE for Luke since we do not do it often.  On this night, we watched The Sandlot while eating.  All baseball, all the time.  I put chunks of mozzarella cheese on tops and Luke declared it the best pizza ever.  So, it must be true.

4.     One day last week Luke and I went to visit my aunt and cousin at their work.  



We had some stuff to give them, but more importantly, we were able to visit.  Luke received the cool green hard hat he is wearing and my aunt was all fun and games as she made copies of Luke’s hands.  My cousin told him he can now give out high fives whenever he wants!  Very cool.

5.     Washing Luke’s baseball jersey makes me think of my Mom.  Weird, I know, but hear me out.  When I was in high school and played club volleyball we were out of town at a tournament and both my jerseys needed to be washed for playing the following day.  As I slept in a nice hotel bed, my Mother and Dad went to a washateria at like 2 in the morning to wash it.  That is love right there.  I have never forgot it.  So, each time I wash his jersey, I think of her.  I am reminded that you will never know what it is that you do that will mean the world to your kids.  I’m thankful for my little boy that provides me mounds of laundry, and especially a dirt jersey!
   
6.       And speaking of my Mother, I saw this picture lying out on our dresser.   



I think Josh came across it while cleaning out a drawer.  I’m not sure, but I just assume my mom took it.  I still have that lamb, it is just not so clean anymore.

7.     Luke decided to make us all golf hats!  I love them!! 



I just don’t love golf, but don’t tell him that.   The one and only time I have EVER hit a golf ball on a golf course I did not hit it so well and my husband, Mother-in-law, and Father-in-law all about busted a gut laughing at me.  For real.  I don't lie.  I of course got mad and road in the golf cart the rest of the day.  That happened about 10 years ago and it seems I’ve not let it go! :)

8.     My Luke had strep a couple of weeks ago.   



I stayed home with him and we watched movies and played games.  As you can see in the background I had a mound of laundry to fold, but I decided that playing a game with my boy was much better.  I was right.

Happy Saturday and I hope your weekend is going great!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment