Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The New Sitter in Town

A while back I thought about learning to knit. I decided it was probably just a passing phase and so I decided not to learn. Then I kept thinking about it some more. I thought it would be fun to make scarves, mittens, hats, sweaters, and maybe, just maybe, even new Christmas stockings for us. (obviously not for THIS Christmas)

I made a decision. I will do it!

Now that I made up my mind to learn this craft, I needed someone to teach me. I thought that The Sister (from another mother) knew how, so I started with her. Nope, she does not know how, but she wanted to learn this as well and even already had some yarn and needles. I had no idea. PERFECT! I now had a knitting buddy.

I called around and found us a place to take a class, but the only problem was the hours. Perfect hours for her are not perfect hours me. The only time that really worked well for us both was Saturday afternoon, but she has two boys that need to be looked after. And since her husband, our favorite police officer, works on Saturday afternoons she needed to enlist a sitter.

“Do you think Josh would want to watch the boys?” she asked.

“Hummmm…. I don’t know, but I will ask.” I replied.

Okay, so will Josh want to watch three boys, ages 6, almost 4, and almost 2….and for about three hours? To be honest, I was not feeling hopeful on this. Josh has watched these three boys alone before, but it was only for a short while. Nothing went wrong, and in fact, the boys were perfect. But, for three hours? Not sure he would go for this.

“Hey, I found a place that has sewing classes. “

“Good.”

“The only problem is that The Sister needs someone to watch the boys. Want to do it?”


Silence. Not even crickets chirping in the background. Just silence.


“You really do not have to do it if you do not want too. Just say so. Really, it’s no big deal.”

“I will do it.”

“Really?”

“Yes, I want y’all to be able to have your time together and do the class.”

Do I have the best husband or what?

And no worries, I will keep you posted on how the sitting goes!!



Oh, and does anyone have a Nanny Cam I can borrow??

No comments:

Post a Comment