Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Graduate


It is hard for me to realize that the little girl with long brown curls that I used to babysit is old enough to graduate from high school.  It seems like it was just the other day that I watched her put on singing and dancing shows while standing on the coffee table in the middle of the living room.  It seems it was not too long ago that Josh and I stood crying as we watched her and her parents drive off, moving to South Carolina when she was only a toddler.


It was not too long ago that she would worm her way in between me and her Bubba because she had to be beside him at all times.  Wasn't it just yesterday when she was the cutest little flower girl in our wedding?  I vividly remember the New Year’s Eve when she was about one or so, Josh chased her down the hallway and she tripped, busting her head on a door hinge.  We rung in that new year with him rocking her in his lap because he would not put her down.

Time has flown by.

How did we get from this…


To this…..


So fast?


We arrived at the graduation early so we could get the exact seats Charity wanted us to be in.  They were perfect.  We were right there on her row and had a great view of her.
The ceremony could not have been nicer.


But the entire time we sat there, I just kept thinking how I could not believe she was old enough to graduate. 


That is one proud Bubba.


And that is one proud sister.



I am so blessed to be apart of this family and I cannot wait to see what all the future holds for Charity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment