Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mixed Emotions -- Farewell to Kindergarten

I have mixed emotions about the end of Kindergarten. (I hope this is normal for us Moms)


If I was holding on to any little piece of Luke still being "little", I feel it is really all gone now.  He is a grown boy for sure.  This makes me a little sad.  Time goes by so quickly....even if you are doing a pretty good job of making the most of each day! 

However, I also love watching him grow!  I love watching him learn.

It seems like just yesterday I was posting about the first day of school.  I went back and read the post and I could not help but smile as my eyes teared up.  On the first day of school, Luke read Hop on Pop.  On the last day of school, he is in the middle of reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  He's come a long way!  I could not be more proud.


A few tidbits of Luke and what has been going on in the past nine months:

  • He has learned that you do not talk during the first few minutes of lunch.
  • Luke has learned how to deal with people who are different than him.
  • Luke learned that you can take away from zero, and you then have a negative number.
  • Luke can now read chapter books.
  • He had his first solo in his PTA program. 


  • Luke has prayed for his friends at school.
  • Luke has learned how to help others to learn.
  • Luke has expanded his creativity in ways that I could not have imagined.
  • Luke has learned to ignore the bad, and focus on the good, in people.
  • He has learned responsibility.
  • He has learned how to take money to school, not loose it, and purchase books and treats.
I prayed for Luke to have a great teacher this year.  And he not only received a great one, but one much better than I could ever have hoped for.  Luke has loved being in her class so much and I will forever be thankful for her.



Luke received two awards this year -- All A Honor Roll and Most Improved Reading.  Josh and I beamed as we watched our boy receive his awards.





It is so exciting to see him grow and I cannot wait to see what all is in store for him in First Grade. 

However, before he returns to school as a First Grader, he will have a fun summer!  A summer of fun with friends, trips, and some "firsts" for us all. 

Oh, and a summer with a big surprise for him! (more to come on that)

No comments:

Post a Comment