Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Big Summer Surprise

My wonderful father-in-law and sweet sister-in-law will arrive on Saturday. Hooray!

I can remember my mother-in-law visiting alone, but I cannot remember her ever not coming on a visit. I will miss her. I love talking to her in person rather than over the phone and she always makes me laugh. And she does some of our laundry when she visits, I will miss that too. :-)

I bet my father-in-law does not do any of our laundry. But, that’s okay, he is good for other things, like feeding Luke in odd and strange ways. 



Now I know why my boys are crazy, they are related to this man!

Just kidding.

Sort of.

Anyway, this is not just a come-to-see-you-during-the-summer visit. Nope. This visit has a PURPOSE! My father-in-law is driving across half of the continental United States to come and pick up my one and only child and then take him back to their house! When this was seriously discussed last summer, I guess I really never thought the day would come that he would actually go far, far away from me….for over a MONTH!

But, the time has come. He will be leaving me next week. This has been kept a secret from Luke. Joshua told him about it last week and he, Luke, is SUPER excited about this surprise!  Luke can hardly wait and I know he will have a blast, living it up with Grandma, Grandpa, his 16 year old Aunt, and Great Grandparents. But, Luke’s Daddy and Mommy are going to miss him….a ton!

Let me put this into perspective for you -- the longest my boy has been away from us is for 24 hours and he was a mere ten minutes away at my parents’ house! The month of July is going to be a long one. I have a feeling that Josh will be breaking all kinds of speed limits when we drive out to retrieve our son from his Grandparents and Aunt later this summer.

Wish us luck. I have a feeling we, Josh and me…NOT Luke, will need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment