Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Adding to the Collection

Joshua’s birthday was earlier this month. Now we are the same age again—thank goodness! Josh loves telling people he is married to an older woman. I love reminding him that he looks years older than me.

Since Luke was about one, we have made sure he is involved in all gift giving occasions and since he was about three or four, he has been on his own picking things out. I love it. You just never know what you will get.

So, a few days before Josh's birthday I reminded Luke that his Daddy’s birthday was coming up and he would need to be thinking of what he wanted to get him.

“I already know”, he said quickly.

“Oh. Well, what do you want to get?”

“I know Daddy likes signed baseballs, so I want to add to his collection.”

PERFECT. I knew Josh would love a new autographed baseball.

“Whose autograph do you want to get?” I asked.

“Mine!”

I almost started crying. Nothing could have been more thoughtful.



I love perfect gifts and this was perfect indeed. Josh’s eyes filled with tears when he opened it up. It was sweet.


I think my hubby has a new prized possession.


Happy Birthday, Joshua!  We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment