Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today would have been my parents’ 43rd wedding anniversary! I am so thankful to have been born to such wonderful parents. My parents are the perfect example of marriage to me. Laughing hard in the good times and sticking together through the hard ones. They love each other dearly and I have always known it. This is such a blessing to me and something that I will always hold near and dear to my heart.

My favorite memory of their anniversary is this: Dad had sent yellow roses (her favorite) to Mother at school. That afternoon she picked me up from school and I was riding in the front seat of the car holding the huge arrangement. And on the way home she was pulled over for speeding. To this day, I can still see the officer in my mind, standing in the middle of the road and waving her over. I thought surely the officer would inquire about the flowers and when he found out that it was her anniversary he would then let her go with a warning. Nope, she got a ticket! We walked in the house to Dad that afternoon, me holding the flowers and her holding the ticket.

I have thought about this every year since and it always makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment