1. It’s hump day. It is all downhill now until the weekend. I love weekends.
2. I pick Luke up. I love seeing his sweet face as he jumps in the car. I am the first to hear about his day. Wednesday is Music day for him and there is always a good story about music.
3. It is web Wednesdays at Papa Johns. For $11 I can buy a large pizza with up to seven toppings. This means that I get online and order dinner while at work and it is delivered to my house about 10 minutes after Joshua is normally home from work.
4. Because I am not cooking dinner as soon as we get home, Luke does not have to sit at the bar doing his reading homework while I cook. Rather, he is snuggled up to me on the couch reading. This is one of my favorite things in the world right now.
5. After his homework, since I am still not in the kitchen cooking, I have more time to play with Luke. Here lately, he has been whipping my tail in tennis on the Wii. In the words of our favorite police officer, “Someone needs to beat that boy!” Luke is good. He trash talks too. I have no idea where he learned that. Look out Andre Agassi ….or Pete Sampras……or Andy Roddick….or whoever the current tennis pro is. This boy is good and one day will move from playing in my living room to playing on a for real court!
6. After dinner, the pizza box and plate cleanup is rather fast. This gives Josh more time with Luke in the evenings too and more time for us all as a family.
I love how God has placed this day of extra time together right in the middle of our work/school week. It is just what our family needs halfway through!