Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Then and Now

I received a phone call early one evening during my Junior year of high school. My Mother answered the phone and told me it was Josh. I thought it a little odd that he was calling me. We were great friends at the time, but not yet dating. He did not call me often.

I got on the phone and he told me that his little sister had been born! I was so excited for him, his family, and told him congratulations.

Many years later, I asked Joshua if he called anyone else that evening. No, just you, he said. I asked why. He did not know, he said he just wanted me to know she had been born. I love how God works…...in ways we do not realize.

I will never, ever, forget that day. The day my sweet sister-in-law was born. The day I had no idea I would one day marry her big brother.


Then:

It was 1996. Josh had hair. I had no gray. His sister was just a baby. I babysat her and loved it. She cried when I left their house at night.


We were on our way to our Senior Prom.


Now:

It is 2011. Josh has no hair. I have gray. His sister is a lovely young lady. She will be babysitting Luke this summer. Luke will probably cry when he has to go home.
 
She went to her Junior Prom this past weekend.

Charity, you are absolutely beautiful, inside and out.  I cannot wait to see what else God has instore for you. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment