Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Love is.....

Earplugs.

Yep, you read that correctly, no need to go back.

My husband snores. Loudly. Now, to be fair, I will also tell you that he says that I snore. Loudly. He may or may not be telling the truth. In the event he is, the difference here is that my snoring does not tend to wake him up in the night.

His snoring was not really a problem for me until earlier this year. A few months back, I found that I was being woken up four, five, even six times a night with his snoring and it was hard for me to get back to sleep.

Then, one day, my dear husband handed me earplugs…..in fashionable neon green.

His gift really touched me.  Thoughtful.  Useful.  Loving....in his own way.

The earplugs work great! So good in fact, that on more than one occasion, I have been woken up in the morning by a nudge in my side. Seems my alarm had been going off for a while and woke up the husband, rather than me. Sorry dear.

Every night as I put them in my ears, I am reminded of his love and thoughtfulness.

Joshua - thank you for the little ways in which you show me that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment