Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Today....



Eleven years ago:

I woke up to a pink note from my Mother.

It was cold outside and very sunny....just as I had hoped it would be.

I slipped into my dream wedding dress and put on a veil made by my Mother.

I saw my Daddy in a tux for the first time.

My new little sister was my flower girl.

Tears filled my eyes the moment I started walking down the aisle.

I locked eyes with my soon to be husband, my best friend, and saw the huge smile on his face.

My Daddy walked me down the aisle and held onto my arm tight.  It hurt.

He did he part and gave me away with a quiver in his voice.

I could barely speak when I was supposed to.

My father-in-law performed our wedding ceremony.

It was perfect.

I married my Joshua.

I kissed him for the first time......as his wife.



In the last Eleven years:

We bought our first home.

Had our son.

Grieved as Grandparents, a Mother, and an unborn child passed away.

Prayed.

Pranked each other.

Stuck together.

Had surgeries.

Fought.

Laughed.

Laughed a lot.

Supported each other.

Smiled.

Changed jobs.

Took trips and vacations.

Started our Journey towards Adoption.

Love each other. 



Joshua, I love you!

Happy Anniversary!!!
(Aren't you proud that I remembered all on my own this year!)



No comments:

Post a Comment