Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of First Treats

Luke could not have been more excited about his first day of first grade.

He walked into his room, went straight for his chair, and sat down ready for class.

Joshua and I both took the day off and when we got home we made a special snack for Luke to have after school. Our Luke is a chocoholic so when I came across this the other day on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen’s blog, I knew we were going to make them.

http://confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2011/08/worms-and-dirt-brownies-recipe/



Chocolate, and more chocolate, and more chocolate, with worms! What more could a six year old boy want after school?

To start out, make up a box of brownie mix and then spoon into jars.



Cook until you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. I cooked these about 27 minutes.


Once cooked, remove to a cooling rack and let cook completely.



In the meantime, chop up some oreo cookies until they resemble dirt!



Grab some gummy worms, and watch your husband eat a couple.


Then, you realize that you are also supposed to use chocolate icing.  You being to freak out because you do not have what you need to make it from scratch and you don't have any store bought.  Then your husband says that you do in fact have some store bought icing because you failed to make a birthday cake for him.


I'm wondering how long he will remember that I did not make that birthday cake.  Oh well, lemons into lemonade, I've got icing!  Thank you for the reminder, Josha!

Remove the top and foil and microwave for about 30 seconds.  Stir and then pour into the jars.



Top with oreo dirt and worms!



Then stand back and marvel at how gross and yummy they look at at one time. 

When we picked Luke up from school, he told us all about the fun things they did today -- going to see some sea turtles, eating lunch, and winning a prize in P.E.

Once we were home I showed him the snack we made him.



He dug right into that chocolaty mess.  And LOVED it.


I am pretty sure Joshua and I have the Parents of the Year thing in the bag.  I tasted this stuff and it was GOOD.


Love you Luke and Daddy and I are super happy that you had a great first day in first grade!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment