Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Like Father, Like Son

My Joshua collects cars. And when I say collects, I do not mean that he has a hundred or so. I mean he has hundreds.



Sometimes I wonder if he has thousands. I have started to ask at times how many he has, but then I decide that I really do not want to know.  Ignorance is bliss. 

They are mostly stored in boxes in our garage, so I do not fully understand the collecting of them. I think he is hoping that one day we build a house that has a room just for his cars.



From time to time, he will drag boxes of these cars into our living room and start going through them. Such was the case a couple of Saturdays ago when he drug in the boxes with the smaller cars.  (Thank goodness the larger ones stayed out in the garage!) Cars were everywhere. I asked him what in the world he was doing and he said he was organizing and cataloging the new ones.



Wow.

As I sat there looking at them and him, I started to laugh.  A grown man and all his toys.



“What?” he asked.

“It is no wonder Luke has two hundred Hot Wheels and feels the need to get more.” I replied.



Last week, we sent Luke a care package and in it were some of the new cars from the Cars 2 movie. When Luke called to say he received the package and thank us, he said that Grandpa and Grandma had already bought him one of them. He said that was okay, he would just keep in the package like daddy does and save it.

Joshua beamed.

I sighed.

Boys.












No comments:

Post a Comment