Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beep, Part Two

Okay, so as I sit here in the quiet of my home on Thursday evening, I actually find the events of last Saturday morning funny. They just were not funny then; however, I cannot think of much that is funny at 5am on a Saturday morning.

On Sunday afternoon, I walked into the kitchen to find Joshua putting a 9 volt battery in the smoke detector. Um, where did you find that, I asked? In this drawer, he says. So, I my head, I am thinking, then why in the world were you not shoving that little battery in the beepin’ detector yesterday morning? I love when I answer my own questions….because this man was suddenly woken up at 5am on a Saturday morning by his wife who was annoyed with the beep, and he was not thinking clearly. That is why. Remember, he thought that telling you it was the detector was enough to shut you up last night. So, I just smiled and said thank you.

Also, I just want to point out....who has a 9 volt battery randomly laying around their house? The Stewarts! That’s who! We are oh so very prepared. Too bad I did not know it. And a big thank you to whoever bought that little gem of a 9 volt…..hope it was me. ;-)

When relaying this story to my best friend, she one uped me. Now, normally I am annoyed by the one uppers of the world, but it is okay because her story is hilarious (and I love her). After I tell her of the ridiculous comedy show I found myself living in, she proceeds to tell me that she feels my pain. And ALL of her smoke detectors started beeping one night. Okay, she wins. This is already sounding way worse than my ordeal. I could not contain my laughter. Too funny! So, she and her husband (who are just as smart as me and mine I might add) proceed to rip them all out of the ceiling and toss them into the garage. Problem: the garage echoes AND their bedroom wall backed up to the garage. She said it was even louder. The even more hilarious part: her husband then proceeds to smash them all in efforts to make the beeping stop. The picture of this is just too much for my head! It makes me laugh out loud again just thinking about it. Anyhow, she then goes on to say it is not cheap to replace all of your smoke detectors. Thanks girl -- note to self, do not let husband smash all beeping detectors, even if everything in you wants him to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment