Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

To Die for Cupcakes!



I am, for the most part, not a food snob.  If it tastes good, I’m on board.  I do not care if it was made from a box, bought at the store, or from scratch.  But, there is one area that I have found I am all about homemade and all against store bought and that is with cupcakes and cakes.  Now, if you are purchasing the cakes from a lovely bakery, then that is different, but the grocery store cakes are bland and almost tasteless to me.

As Luke’s birthday was approaching, I started searching the internet for some new cupcakes to make for him.  For the past three years or so, I’ve made him PW’s cupcakes, which he loves to pieces, but I wanted to do something different this year.

For the most part, I used this recipe from Sweetapolita.  The only difference was that I added sprinkles into the mix and used vanilla sugar (find it here), an idea from another of her cupcake recipes.










I cannot even tell you how good these cupcakes are.  They are perfection.  The icing...oh, fluffy goodness!  And the sprinkles, oh the sprinkles!!!  Luke and I are sprinkle crazy and we do not know when to say when.  Luke absolutely loved these at his birthday party.  And the adults loved them too!






Try them and you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment