Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Santa Fe Chili with Lime Chicken Tostadas

So, if your camera is in the bedroom and you are in the kitchen and you pick up your phone to take a picture because the bedroom is just toooo far away.......well, you are lazy.  

I was lazy.  Admitting you have a problem is half the battle.....


I think I've mentioned before that I am a tostada freakazoid.  I make them all the time and all different ways.  But, I think these are officially my absolute favorite.  I will be making them often.  And they are easy peesy to make!

I came across this Lawry's Santa Fe Chili with Lime marinade and decided it would be great for my tostada obsession.

I baked two chicken breasts smothered in the stuff (covered so they would not dry out) for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  Once they were done cooking, I took a fork and shredded the chicken, stirred it up in the marinade, and then covered for about ten minutes to let the juices soak in a bit.

While the chicken was cooking, I tossed together a can of black beans (drained and rinsed), about a cup of frozen corn (thawed), and about a cup of grape tomatoes (quartered), and a small can of chopped green chilies (drained).  I added salt, pepper, a little bit of extra light virgin olive oil, and some lime juice.  

Next up, build that goodness!  Put on a little shredded chicken, a little of the bean/corn stuff, and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.  I had turned off the oven, and then just stuck these back in for about 5 minutes to let the cheese melt.  Top with cilantro and you are good to go!

The only thing that would have made these better would have been to add avocado.  I knew this, so I had cut up some, but failed to put it on the tostadas and Josh pointed it out AFTER we were done eating!  Thanks, babe.

Our Monday night dinner was delish!!

So easy, so good, and healthy!  What more could one ask for??

Make these soon, they are yummm!

(Oh, also, I think these would be good as tacos with soft corn tortillas.  We will be having it that way next time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment