Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Father's Day to the Fathers in my Life!


Happy Father’s Day Daddy!  


When I think back to my childhood I think of the Saturdays with my Dad.  I was his helper around the house, I ran errands with him, we had our weekly lunches at McDonald, followed up by an afternoon at the park.  I was Daddy’s little helper and I loved it!  He woke me up in the mornings and rocked me in the living room until breakfast was ready.  He carried me to bed at night like a sack of potatoes, with me laughing and giggling the entire way.  My childhood was a charmed one, and I know he did a lot to make sure it was that way.

When I think of my teen years I think of a Dad who was there for me.  There to talk, there to listen, and there for support.  He became one of my biggest cheerleaders as I played volleyball.  His was the first face I looked for in the crowd.  It meant so much to look up and see my proud father beaming down at me. He made sure to give me the space I needed to grow up, without giving me too much.  

As I moved into my college years he was again were a huge supporter.  He encouraged me along the way and never let me give up, even when I wanted to. 
 
While my entire childhood and teen years were charmed, it seems that the hard times in life started soon after I moved into adulthood.  He was there.  There to hold his daughter who would become broken, depressed, sad, and lost.  He was there to remind me that God was in control and we would make it through difficult times.  In the sorrow, there have also been the highest of highs.  And I am so thankful to have shared them with him.  One of my favorite things as an adult is watching my Dad be a Grandpa to my son.  It brings me such joy to see his face light up when he see Luke.  I love hearing of all the adventures he takes with Luke.  And to this day, he will still drop what he is doing to come and help me when needed.  I am blessed beyond words by my Dad.

Thank you to my wonderfully Daddy for all he has done and continues to do.  He is truly the best Daddy in the world.  I love you!



Happy Father’s Day to my Love!


Joshua, I had the rare opportunity to see as a young bride what my husband would be like one day as a father.  I loved watching you with your sister.  I saw how much you loved her and took time to spend with her.  It was then I realized what an awesome Daddy you would one day be to our children.  

When I think back over your years as a Daddy I think of how you took care of Luke all by yourself for our three days in the hospital.  My only job was to feed him.  You took care of changing all diapers, clothes, and anything else he needed.  I think back of the times we were settling in the house trying to figure out who took care of what and the best way to manager our new little boy. 

I think back to the toddler years and you helping Luke to learn to walk.  I will never forget the joy on your face as he walked to you the first time.  You lit up the room!  

As Luke has gotten older I see him gravitating to you…he wants to be just like his Daddy.  I am so thankful you take time with him.  I love watching and hearing you two play baseball in the back yard.  I love hearing him squeal as you all goof around and play.  I love how you two go off for boys day.  I love how you encourage him like no one but a Daddy can.  Never has there been a Daddy more proud than you.  Luke is so blessed to have you as his Daddy!  

Thank you for all you do for our boy.  It is a wonderful gift to have a husband who is such a terrific Daddy!  I love you much!!



Happy Father’s Day to my Father-in-Law



He will never fully know how terrified I was to date, and eventually marry a preacher’s son.  I was scared of the expectations there would be on me.  Scared I would mess up.  He helped to teach me that a preacher’s family is no different from mine.  He accepted me and held standards no higher than my own parents.  

I cannot thank him enough for being a wonderful Dad to Joshua, as I know this is where he learned how to be a wonderful Daddy to our son.

Thank you for treating me and loving me as your own daughter……giving me a hard time just like you do your own kids!  

I could not have asked for a better Father-in-Law.  I love you!



The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.    Proverbs 23:24
 

No comments:

Post a Comment