Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Today, Seven years ago….


 
My boy was born at 10:33 am on a Saturday morning.

We named him Luke Michael.

At about 10:10, my doctor leaned over the “wall sheet” and said, “Don’t worry, I read about how to do this last night.” I loved it. I laughed.

Luke’s delivery was a scheduled C-section.

He weighed 8.13 pounds and was 21 inches long. He lost almost two pounds before we left the hospital.

Right before Luke was born, the nurse at my head told Josh to stand up to take a picture, he was about to be born. Josh took the picture and quickly sat back down.

When I heard Luke’s first cry, I began crying uncontrollably. I finally breathed a sigh of relief; he made it!

Joshua put on his first diaper and changed all his diapers for the next three days.

He was born one day late; something I remind him of every year.

He was tongue-tied, or if you want the medical word, Ankyloglossia. So, at two days old, he had his first surgery to fix it. It does not matter that they tell you it is minor and no big deal. I was worried sick the entire time he was gone.

Aside from Joshua and me, my Mother was the first to hold him. She did not want to share with anyone.

My Dad did finally get a turn.

Luke received a white stuffed puppy dog from my cousin and her son. Luke later named this dog Trophy Puppy and she still sleeps with him every single night. She is loved puppy.

We had a waiting room full of people waiting to meet Luke. I was so thankful for each and every one of them who got up early on that Saturday morning to come and wait for our Luke to be born and to meet him. For the next three days we had so many other family and friends come to see us and meet our Luke for the first time.

I remember the events of this day as if they were yesterday and I hope I always will.

Luke,

November 13, 2004 was one of the best days of my life. On this day, I fully realized how much I could love another person. You have made your Daddy and me so very happy and we are so proud of you and all you have accomplished in your first seven years! I am so thankful that God entrusted you to us; I could not have asked for a better son.

I love you more than there are stars in the sky!





No comments:

Post a Comment