Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Number 32



Luke proudly wears number 32. And last night, at his first t-ball game ever, I think Josh Hamilton (the other number 32) would have been proud. One thing is for sure, Josh Stewart was proud as could be, and so was I.

Number 32 had one RBI and batted 500.

When Luke came up to bat for the first time, I could not have been any more nervous and excited. Luke did great and had a good hit, made it to first base, and hit in the first run of the game!






He played outfield and did good fielding the one ball that came his way. He grounded the ball and then quickly popped up and threw to second….exactly where he should have thrown it. Only problem, the second baseman was not there. Oh well….




At Luke’s second at bat he again had a nice solid hit, but was thrown out at first. It did not bother him at all. He was still all smiles as he went back into the dugout.




This group of boys, and two girls, who have never played t-ball before did so good last night and I was super proud of them all.


I am proud of one their coaches too, who also did a great job. Only problem is, that I forgot to take pictures of him during the game. What can I say; I was a little wrapped up in taking pictures of cute Number 32 and watching the game.

By the time I thought to take a picture of the third base coach, the game was over. Here he is, looking all serious for some reason after the game.



As Luke said, “Daddy, you were the best coach out there. I am proud of you!” I could not have said it better myself.

I do not want to leave out the proud Grandpa. Luke asked no less than five times the morning of his game if Grandpa was going to be there. He wanted to know if I KNEW Grandpa would be there, or did I just THINK he would be there. “Luke”, I said, “if your Grandpa said he will be somewhere; then you can count on it!”


It’s going to be a fun season.

I love you, Number 32 and your Momma could not be more proud!





















1 comment:

  1. Boy, am I jealous! Bill, you are so blessed to be close by to be involved in Luke's everyday life. Luke, Grandma and I are so very proud of you, and wish we could be there to watch you play ball.

    ReplyDelete