Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Do NOT do anything stupid

The night before The Pioneer Woman was to roll into my neck of the woods, I was telling my husband how excited I was. I could not believe I was FINALLY going to meet her! We talked a few minutes and then he just looked at me and said, “You are not going to do anything stupid are you?”



I thought a second or two before answering. Um, what did he mean “stupid”?



So I responded, “I’m not going to lick her or anything like that, if that’s what you mean.”



“I just hate when people meet famous people and then do or say stupid things.” He said.



Ugh. Thanks honey. Now I was completely worried about doing or saying something that was dumb. Prior to this little conversation, I really had no worries, just excitement.



Now I had to be sure not to lick her………Not to pluck a strand of her hair and eat it. Not to inform her that I was seriously thinking of leaving my husband for her. Not to yell out, “Hey PW, I love you!” Not to ask if I could take her children to the movies. Not to walk up to Pioneer Woman and fix her hair. Not to inform all those around me that I was her BFF forever. And ever. {Amen}



You think these things are crazy don’t you? Well, I agree. They are.



However, I actually heard all of these things being talked about as I stood in line to meet her! I am about 98.3% sure the people were kidding and being funny to pass the time.



Well, actually, one of the things listed above was not talked about. Nope, it actually happened! Yes, folks, there are some people out there without boundaries. Shocking! I watched a lady walk right up behind the Pioneer Woman and then touch her hair! She brushed it down with her hands and then posed for a picture.



I about fell over.



Clearly, her husband did not have a talk with her the night before.



Thank goodness mine did.



Up Next….The Golden Ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment