Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Luke Quotes -- Olympic Edition

Luke LOVES watching the Olympics, which is good, because so do we. 


He starts watching first thing in the morning when he gets up.  When I pick him up in the afternoons he tells me all about the events of the morning.  About the guy who flipped over his canoe, about the soccer team that won that morning, and asks me by the way, did I even KNOW that canoeing was a sport!?!?!  The evenings are filled with Olympic watching too.  Watching them is fun in and of itself, but listening to Luke comment just cracks me up.......



Do you think he can do FIVE swirlies?


Oh....I don't think I could do that.  I can't do the twirls.


Whoa, THAT would have given me a headache!


I'm calling her macaroni!!  Let's go MACARONI!!!  (McKayla Maroney)


Are they speaking another language??


It's the LAW that you watch the Olympics!


Nope, I can't do that.


I have a feeling she is about to do something cool.  WHOA!!!!  Now THAT is what I call awesomeness!!!


I am pretty sure I can swim almost that fast.


Do I play STAR WARS toys or watch the Olympics!?!?!?
(and of course I was thinking, I thought it was the law that one must watch.)


Him:  GO JORDYN BEIBER!!!
Me:  It's Jordyn Wieber.
Him:  Oh, I thought she was  married to Justin Beiber.


Him:  Go Great Britain!!! 
(I gave him a dirty look)
Him  What?  Their flag is really cool.


Did you know in soccer you can hit the ball with your head?  You can.  I think you can in volleyball too.


Him:  Is there a karate flag in this?
Me:  What are you talking about?
Him:  You know, a karate flag.
Me:  What????
Him:  You know at karate, there is that flag beside the American flag.  Is there one of those in this race?
Me:  I have no idea what you are talking about.
Josh:  He is asking about the Brazilian flag.  And no, Luke, there is not one.
Him:  Okay, thanks.

I would like to point out the following regarding that conversation:
  1. I've been taking that boy to karate all summer and I have never, not once, noticed there was a Brazilian flag.
  2. I love that Luke just talks to me like I even know what he is talking about.
  3. I love that Josh just let it go on and let me be confused.
  4. I love that Josh and Luke are on the same page and I am lost.....
  5. I love that Luke calls it the karate flag. 

Hope you and your family are enjoying the Olympics as much as we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment